Monday, June 20, 2011

Visa's in

I put my visa paperwork in this morning.  I hadn't forgotten anything or stuffed anything up, and the lady said I'd done a good job.  I wanted a one year multiple entry visa, but she said she could only give me a six month multiple entry, because I've not had a multiple entry visa before.  I don't understand their system.  I don't know what they're trying to guard against.  The visa will allow me to stay in China 30 days at a time.  Fortunately Shenzhen is right across the border from Hong Kong, so doing a "visa run" every thirty days will be cheap and easy.

1 comment:

  1. I experienced the same thing in Laos.

    Can't get a multiple re-entry visa without having a B2 (business) visa first. Can't get a B2 without a 90 day work visa. Can't get one of those without a Tourist visa.

    What are they protecting? Recurring revenue. Sometimes it's payable to different departments. Minsitry of Tourism versus Internal Affairs or some other rubbish.

    ReplyDelete